A collaboration between the Young Artists' Workshop of the 4th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art and Action Field Kodra of the Municipality of Kalamaria.
October 14-25, 2013
The 4th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, under the general title «Old Intersections- Make it New», with a rich central program, parallel events and many collaborations, will be available to its audience from September 18, 2013 to June 31, 2014, in Thessaloniki.
One of the projects of the main program is the Young Artists' Workshop, which this year will function renewed and expanded, addressed to and cooperating with the potential of the School of Fine Arts of the wider region, in collaboration with Action Field Kodra. This workshop, which will take place in October 14-25, 2013, invites visual artists who are seniors or have graduated from the Fine Arts Schools of Thessaloniki, Florina and Ioannina, to submit a portfolio on the platform of Action Field Kodra (www.plartform.gr), no later than midnight on Sunday, August 25.
In the workshop the artists Adrian Paci and Nikos Navridis will teach.
Out of the submitted applications, there will be a selection of six artists, who will collaborate with established artists for the production of artworks (it is vital to note that the cost of the production of these artworks will be covered by the 4th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art).
The selection of artists will be made by the following committee:
•Katerina Koskina (Director of the 4th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, President of the Board of Trustees of the SMCA).
•Dimitris Michalaros (Chief Director of Action Field Kodra, visual artist).
•Vassilis Zografos (Curator of Kodra Fresh, visual artist).
•Theodore Markoglou (Art historian, curator of the SMCA, and curator of the Workshop).
•Areti Leopoulou (Art historian, curator of the SMCA, and curator of the Workshop).
The results of the selected artists will be announced in the beginning of September on the websites of the Biennale and Action Field Kodra.
What is plARTform?
PlARTform (www.plartform.gr) is a website/ platform created in order to support contemporary art production of the Greek visual arts scene. It consists of a digital database serving mainly two goals:
• The reliability and accountability of all procedures of application and selection of artists through open calls extended by Action Field Kodra and other collaborating institutions
• The professional presentation of the work of artists, curators and other professionals associated with the art fields, which have been hosted at Action Field Kodra, and at its parallel programs, through digital profiles which are directly available to anyone interested worldwide.
Action Field Kodra, starting in 2013, invests with a long-term plan in PlARTform, hoping that it will be a channel for creating opportunities and professional collaborations.
In order to participate in the 4th Young Artists' Workshop of the 4th Thessaloniki Biennale of Contemporary Art, the following must be done:
1) Create a username and password at www.plartform.gr
2) Login and provide the required information
3) Provide the necessary information concerning the artwork, including the uploading of images In case that the artwork has a horizontal layout, it must be formatted via a photo editing program such as photoshop (www.photoshop.com) or GIMP (www.gimp.org), so that it appears vertically, in portrait layout, A4 dimensions, and uploaded in Jpg form, not exceeding the size of 2Mb.
For anyone that already has an account at plARTform:
It must be noted that the students and graduates of the Schools of Fine Arts in Thessaloniki and Florina, and the School of Plastic Arts and Art Sciences in Ioanina, that have already applied at Kodra Fresh, are directly considered as applicants if they have accessed their account and checked the option “I would like to participate in the workshop of Biennale of Thessaloniki 2013”.